Thursday, November 26, 2009

And to all a good night

posted Sat, 25 Dec 2004

I am having way too much fun hanging out with Harpo and his family to write much today, but let me say two things.

First. Harpo’s nephew Luke has the best idea I’ve ever heard for dealing with line-cutters who happen to be French, if they are being obnoxious about being French (which my friend Claire never is, so I hope you don’t take this personally, Claire!).

“Instead of arguing with him about cutting line,” Luke suggests, “just say that he can have that place in line. Say you can understand why he would be upset, what with his country no longer being a world power and having to be bailed out in not one but two world wars, and that you are glad to be able to let him have this small condolence prize.”

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Second. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment