Saturday, November 28, 2009

My boss went on vacation and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

posted Wed, 29 Dec 2004

What IS it with some people? This is the dead week in corporate America. This is the week you don’t waste vacation days on because you arrive to work late, leave early and take a long lunch in the middle. And because most people are on vacation and no one is bothering you or making you go to stupid, stupid meetings, you still get more done in the few hours you are at work than you do at any other time.

But if you do take vacation, stay on vacation!

You would not think that this is a concept that needs explaining – the meaning of vacation. Vacation means you don’t come to work. Simple, right?

No.

As I was trying to finish up some things this morning so I could leave early today, guess who shows up in my office? My boss. Who is on vacation.

He got bored at home, he explained. He just had to get out of the house.

Get a hobby!

I can think of about a gajillion things to do when I am bored. Not one of them is to go to work.

Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment