Monday, November 2, 2009

R-rated

posted Fri, 05 Nov 2004

I’m starting to think that the only people who read this site are my friends and family and the occasional journalspacer. There’s nothing wrong with that – I am delighted to have you all – but the problem with having my mom being one of my main readers is that there are certain subjects that I can’t write about.

Like this. I had lunch with my friend Maria Antonette, aka Tony, today. She is convinced that she has the solution to my headaches. My migraine diary now shows headaches 27 days out of the past 31. I have consumed 18 tablets of imitrex (100 mg dose), which is two months’ worth of the drug in the mail-order prescription world. Apparently, the topamax is not solving my headache problems, or at least not at this dosage – you know, the dosage that makes me woozy and leaves a weird taste in my mouth. I can’t wait to see what happens when we increase it.

Anyhow. Mom. Cover your eyes. Tony told me that the reason I still have headaches is that I am not getting enough physical activity, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

But you don't write about that sort of thing if your mom is going to read what you write. See what I mean?

OK, Mom, you can come back.

By the way, just out of curiosity. Is there anyone reading this who does not know me personally or who is not a friend of my mother’s or who is not another journalspacer? I’m thrilled to have all of you reading this site – and I would be especially thrilled to have a publisher try to tear me away from the glamorous world of implementing SAP at a heavy manufacturing industrial company to write a monthly or a weekly column for a widely-read magazine. I’ll even copy edit.

1 comment:

  1. Just started reading your blog! I love it!

    ReplyDelete