Friday, November 13, 2009

Talk to my lawyer

posted Thu, 02 Dec 2004

Last month, Randomprose wanted to know why Alberto Gonzales dressed so badly for his official photo. I had my theories – that he was single and straight, a workaholic who didn’t worry about his clothing, someone who had grown up poor and was not going to waste money on clothes that were still perfectly good even if they were out of style.

And then, just yesterday, I learned the real reason for Alberto’s lost-in-the-80s fashion esthetic: he went to Rice, my alma mater. Rice admits only nerds with absolutely no fashion sense.

Alberto was in Lovett College, which is my college. Rice has a system of residential colleges rather than dormitories. Each college has its own government, intramural teams, and personality.

I am thrilled to have a connection to the maybe next attorney general. I’ll bet if I sent him an email or called him and identified myself as a fellow Lovett/Rice alum, he would return my call. I’ll bet. There are just not that many of us.

It could be very useful to be able to reach the AG. Not that I am contemplating a life of crime, but you never know when you will need a good lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment