Monday, December 21, 2009

Birthday blues

posted Sat, 29 Jan 2005

Harpo is being very cranky about his birthday. He wrote the other day, “Birthdays are not a big thrill to me. Of course I am a year older if I lived a year. Big deal. People make much too much of an issue out of it.”

Well, tough. We spoke about this very issue earlier in the week. I told him that the main reason we are celebrating his birthday is because we didn’t celebrate mine. If he doesn’t want me to make a big deal about his birthday, then…. I told him if I have to tell him what the answer is, then there is no point in telling him. Women, you understand me here, don’t you?

Besides, I like making birthday cakes for other people. It’s fun. Even if he’s going to be a grouch about it, he’s not going to ruin my fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment