Monday, December 28, 2009

Death by chocolate

posted Sat, 05 Feb 2005

The cake was incredible. Neither Harpo nor Chuck complained about the slight lopsidedness. Neither could even finish his piece – and I cut small pieces. Harpo said it looked like solid fudge.

He asked if I were trying to kill him -- said they've decided his mother died of a chocolate overdose.

I cut the leftover cake (like 98% of it) into seven chunks and wrapped them for freezing. I also packed the leftover stuffed shells and the bread and sent everything home with Harpo. Now there will at least be food in his house, although I have tried that strategy before. You can lead a boyfriend to food, but you can’t make him eat.

Harpo and Chuck have left to get Chuck a t-shirt commemorating the International Blues Competition. They may return later for more activity, but I am pretty pooped. I don’t know how those women who cook meals every day do it. I even cheated on the salad and the chicken, buying stuff that was already made. I would not be a good mother. My children would eat a lot of peanut butter and tuna fish. (But they wouldn’t eat junk food – so I guess I would be a better mother than a lot of others.)

No comments:

Post a Comment