Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Duty calls

posted Wed, 16 Feb 2005

I am so excited! For the first time in my life, I have been called to jury duty.

And it’s on a day when I was going to have to go to a stupid, boring, all-day meeting at work!

Could I have had better luck?

I wonder what case I’ll be deciding. A big one, I hope. I am ready to dispense some justice. Although I couldn’t give the death penalty, I don’t think. I could, however, lock someone in jail and throw away the key. I think life in prison is worse punishment than death.

Maybe I’ll be elected jury foreman. I’ve never run for elected office. I’ve never thought I was electable. But I think here, my natural leadership abilities would shine. Don’t you?

What do you think we’ll get for lunch? How often will we get potty breaks?

What if the lawyers need help? Should I tell them that I aced the LSAT and was admitted to the University of Texas law school? (I didn’t go, in case you haven’t figured that out.) They might want my opinion. I wouldn’t give it unsolicited – Lent and all that – but if they ask, I would be happy to share.

This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment