Sunday, December 27, 2009

Perhaps to dream

posted Fri, 04 Feb 2005

I woke up at 1:15 a.m. last night and couldn’t fall back to sleep for two hours. Here’s what I thought about and what happened in that time:

• How I am going to frost Harpo’s cake, make a key lime pie, make the stuffed shells, go running, and get my laundry started by lunch on Saturday?
• Why can’t I sleep?
• Why haven’t I gotten an issue of Oprah magazine lately?
• Why can’t I sleep?
• What if Brad Pitt were sitting next to me on a plane? Would I even recognize him? If I did, would I pretend I didn’t? I don’t find him that attractive or interesting, so really wouldn’t want to talk to him.
• Why can’t I sleep?
• If not Brad, then whom? Is there any actor I would want to talk to?
• No.
• Why can’t I sleep?
• Then which famous persons? The Car Talk guys, for sure. Bill Bennett. Rush Limbaugh. Sean Hannity. Thomas Sowell. William Safire. Dave Barry.
• Why can’t I sleep?
• Wouldn’t some of the broken pieces of Harpo’s cake taste great right now?
• Yes. They did.
• When did that Oprah subscription expire? Let me check. I get out of bed and go online to renew the subscription.
• I wonder what’s new on eBay.
• Has anyone left any comments on my site?
• What does Harpo have to say?
• Ouch. The gig didn’t go well. I hope it goes better tomorrow night. I hope I’ll be awake for it.
• Why can’t I sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment