Thursday, January 28, 2010

I might have been an English major, but I understand the laws of physics

posted Mon, 06 Jun 2005

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Call me crazy, but I think my time should be respected. If I make an appointment with a doctor, I will show up on time. Heck, I will even show up early so I can have all the paperwork completed before the scheduled appointment time.

Today, I had an appointment with a new doc. The appointment was for 12:45 – first appointment after lunch, so no excuses of anyone running late. I got there at 12:30 and completed all the paperwork, even doing a little copy editing to correct the grammar on the form. (Am I nice or what?)

At 12:45, I was still in the waiting room, waiting. Waiting. Started talking to another guy waiting with me. Discovered he, too, had a 12:45 appointment. With the same doc. Hmm. How can that be? Indeed, there were ten of us in the room. For two docs.

At 1:00, they took me into an exam room. I read through an old Biography magazine and learned the tragic tale of Joy Adamson, who wrote Born Free, which was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, then did some work I had in my briefcase.

Waited, waited, waited.

I finally had had enough.

I left the room, went to the receptionist, and asked her to return my copay. “But the doctor is almost about to see you.”

I said very politely, “I need to return to work.”

I will find a different doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment