Monday, January 25, 2010

SWF seeks challenging opportunity to contribute to growing company

posted Wed, 25 May 2005

A headhunter finally called me! Finally finally finally! OK, so she is a rookie who has only been in the job for three months, but still. She saw my resume on monster.com and thought I was great, great, great.

We spoke for about 20 minutes yesterday. She said I must get called a lot by other headhunters.

No, no headhunter has ever called me before. No, I didn’t get asked to a single high school dance, except for one ROTC dance by Mark N in my chemistry class and I didn’t accept. No, I have never been married. Really. Never. No, I don’t know what’s wrong with me, OK? so quit asking!
Source: http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users2/dataprom/default/jason-saline-high-school-prom--large-msg-1086119106-2.jpg

Well, no.

Really! Oh, come on! Someone like me! I must get calls all the time! Top schools, top grades, great work experience and accomplishments at top companies.

Um, no. Actually, you’re the first headhunter who has ever called me.

Really. Her tone gets a little flat, but then she brightens. Well! We’ll market you, even though we usually don’t have people of your caliber!

I do start to feel a bit like she is trying to sell me a used car, but figure I have nothing to lose.

She asks me to write a paragraph describing myself – because I can do a much better job than she can! I tell her that maybe an improved version of my resume might be a better idea.

This morning, she sent me an email. Perhaps I could give her some the titles of some jobs I might want?

Well, Ms Recruiter. Now you are starting to understand why I don’t get called by recruiters. It is really hard to classify me. But tell me exactly what it is that you are supposed to do for me if I am doing all the work? Where is it that you are adding value here?

No comments:

Post a Comment