Friday, February 19, 2010

If only I were Baptist*

posted Wed, 07 Sep 2005

When your boss invites you to a party at his house after work, it’s not really a party.

It’s work.

And you don’t get to decline if you really care about your career.

I so do not want to go to this stupid party! Actually, it’s not even my boss who is having it – it’s someone else who shall go unnamed, but someone who actually has more power than my boss. My boss goes along with everything this guy wants.

This person thought that sending everyone an email directing us to a website where we could download a certificate of thanks for our “hard work so far” was an appropriate way to recognize us.

I felt recognized.

* Because this party was on a Wednesday night and in Memphis on Wednesday night, the Baptists go to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment