Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It`s like - like - Jumbo Shrimp!

posted Sat, 13 Aug 2005

I forgot to mention my political conversation with the Lebanese guy. As I may have mentioned, I am conservative on many issues. But on some issues, I am liberal. It depends on the issue.

So we talked about domestic and international subjects. He told me that if he were American, he would probably vote Democrat, mostly because he does not like the Republican foreign policy on Israel. Big surprise there.

As we were getting off the plane in Paris, he said, with surprise, “You know, you sound like a Democrat! But you say you’re a conservative! But you’re so smart! How can you be so intellectual and be a conservative? You sound like a Democrat on so many issues!”

I rolled my eyes and said dryly. “You know, it is possible to be both intelligent and conservative at the same time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment