Saturday, February 6, 2010

One woman`s scent is another woman`s stench

posted Wed, 29 Jun 2005

When I am in charge of everything, it will be against the rules for anyone to wear any scent that can be detected by any other person who is standing more than six inches away from the scent wearer.

The scent cannot linger after the wearer has left the area.

BTW, just for those of you who are unclear as to what “scent” includes. It encompasses lotions, perfumes, colognes, and aftershave. It can also possibly include your laundry detergent, the nasty air freshener hanging in your car, the air freshener they spray in the bathroom at work, and your hair conditioner. If it has a smell, it might stink to someone else. Think about it.
Source: http://www.biosurvey.ou.edu/okwild/misc/images/skunk.jpg

Ideally, I would ban the wearing of scent altogether, but I don’t think I could get away with that. Even benevolent dictators can’t control everything.

Am I wrong here? Shouldn’t I be able to walk into the office – I’m sorry – the cubicle in the morning and not be assaulted by the stinky perfume lingering in the empty hallway?

And why is it that those who feel compelled to douse themselves with perfume always have such bad taste in it?

I stopped at the greengrocer on the way home from work. There were fewer than ten of us in there. One woman reeked of patchouli. I hate patchouli. Damn. It’s 97 degrees outside. Why do you need to put anything else on your body that will add to the smells in the air? We already smell all the rotting trash. We don’t need your nasty incense smell, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment