Friday, February 5, 2010

Scenes from Boot Camp, number 26

posted Tue, 28 Jun 2005

Scene #1:

Tony told us to run Mount Fuji (the five-storey parking garage). “It will give you Herschel Walker thighs,” he promised.

Oh great. Just what every woman wants. Bigger thighs.

Scene #2:

We are getting ready to do sit-ups.

Not crunches. Crunches are for sissies.

Sit-ups. There is a huge difference between sit-ups and crunches. If you don’t believe me, lie down right now. Do some crunches and then do some sit-ups.

See what I mean?

This is boot camp. It’s not the day spa, as that guy says.

Anyhow, Barbie is my sit-ups partner.

“Do you want me to hold your knees? Or your ankles? Should I stand on your feet? What do you want me to do?

As I am lying on my back on my pink mat, so grateful for these few seconds of rest, I answer, “I want you to stand between me and that damn Marine so he can’t see me while I lie here and do nothing. Just block me from his view, that’s what I want you to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment