Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"When you speak French, you drive me wild"

posted Wed, 10 Aug 2005

I saw Gomez again tonight. I agreed to do so as long as it was in a public place – that is, any place where I wouldn’t have to slap his hands. He behaved perfectly, as I was convinced he was capable of doing.

He wants to drive me to the airport tomorrow morning just to spend more time with me. When I told him I have a night in Paris before flying back to the US, he said he could come with me – to show me the city where he lived for eight years.

That would be lovely, I said. But of course we would have separate rooms.

He laughed. “But what would be the point of that?”

I shrugged. “I’ve bargained with taxi drivers in Latin America, baby. You’re out of your league.”

“Who says we are in a negotiation?” he asked. “You are the chief, you command.”

No comments:

Post a Comment