Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?

posted Tue, 21 Jun 2005

OK, this is really flattering, if a bit disconcerting.

I tried to set Billy up with a young woman in the accounting department. “She’s your age!” I emailed. “She’s very cute.”

Sometimes a May-December romance can work, when there is true intellectual compatibility.
Source: http://www.balkanmedia.com/m2/sl/2648-1-1.jpg

I asked her if she wanted to be set up. “I have a boyfriend,” she said.

Rats.

“I’d really be more interested in getting to know you better,” he replied.

So now I have to figure out how to tell a guy who is 13 years younger than I am that I do not want to date him – but in such a way that he is not insulted or hurt – and in a way that we can continue to work together.

This is a rather delicate situation. I have never had to do this before. I welcome advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment