Sunday, March 7, 2010

He just wants what he can`t have

posted Sat, 04 Mar 2006

Remember Gomez? The guy in Morocco? With whom I spent a week in Paris?

Well, he’s history, in case you haven’t figured it out. Yes, he has been replaced by Serious Honey, a guy I went to college with and met up with at my 20-year reunion. I broke up with Gomez by email in December after he didn’t call me for three straight weeks. I broke up with him because I liked SH about a gajillion times better.


I knew he was just trying to get – lucky.
Source: http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams/tv2.jpg

Three. Straight. Weeks.

This from a man who professed to loooooove me. I knew he was full of baloney.

And yes, I know breaking up by email is poor form, but what was I supposed to do – fly to Morocco? Please. I didn’t want to call him, either, because my French wasn’t good enough to do it at work and remember, I was in a CUBICLE so couldn’t do anything in English. On the weekends, SH was visiting me and I didn’t want to do it in front of him.

OK, OK, SH told me he would give me the privacy to do it, but I just didn’t want to do it and the fact that Gomez hadn’t called me in three straight weeks indicated to me that interest was waning on his end.

So I sent him a very nice email in which I told him that the differences in our values (religion, money, how children should be raised) made a long-term relationship between us impossible, that I thought he was a great guy and that I wished him love and happiness. All of that is true, by the way. I had been coming to those conclusions anyhow. Marriages between Catholic girls and Muslim boys, even Muslim boys who claim to be non practicing, rarely work.

He tried to call me twice (on Skype, the free internet long-distance calling service, which was how we talked to each other) and that was it. Finito. Over. So much for true love. (On his end. I never said such a thing to him. Ever.)

So this was over three months ago.

Guess who has tried to call me twice in the past week?

Guess?

Gomez!

What’s up with that?

But how serious is he?

He’s still using Skype!! The guy is a multi-millionaire who was looking at Lamborghinis and Bentleys when were in Paris – cars that cost almost a quarter of a million dollars apiece (he already has not one but two Jaguars) – yet he can’t call me on the regular damn phone! He won’t pay to call me!

I cannot possibly take him seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment