Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The cat whisperer

posted Sat, 16 Sep 2006

SH captivates almost every cat he sees. I don’t know how he does it. I’m a cat lover, but cats will shun me. Not SH. He has the cat magic. We’ll be out for a walk and see a cat off in the distance. He’ll make some clicking noise to summon the cat.

“That cat’s not going to come to you!” I’ll say. At first, the cat looks at him in disdain, but darned if in two seconds, he’s not trotting over to us. To SH, I should say. In a second, SH has the cat on his back purring in blissful submission. He knows the secret place to scratch a cat – “behind the ears – that’s the one place they can’t scratch themselves,” SH tells me – to make the cat his love slave forever.


SH just uses cats, then throws them away like Kleenex.
Source: http://home.att.net/~stephen821/cats/cats/monkeyhand.jpg

Then he walks away.

That’s right. He gets the cat all happy – and leaves.

It’s like he’s gathering notches on his bedpost. How many cats can he bend to his will? It’s this big power play. I need to pay attention. He says he’s just a cat lover. Uh huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment