Monday, April 26, 2010

The customer is not always right

posted Wed, 20 Dec 2006

If you show up at my register at 11:57 p.m.

Three minutes before The Store closes
27 minutes after that Big Voice on the PA started asking you to take your purchases to the nearest cashier
Right when I am about to start closing the register
With an armful of clothes
And ask me to check all the prices
And then decide to buy only two things
And leave the rest of the items on the counter that I was trying to clear
So that four other people now see that this is the only register open and get in line
And two are snotty college girls who tell me I’m being paid overtime anyhow, aren’t I? (I'm not, but even if I were, it wouldn't be worth an extra $1.50)
And one of them has an item without a ticket
And doesn’t understand why I can’t give her a price on it
I mean can’t you look it up by the style or something?
And the woman who is actually in charge of the area walks out at midnight because she has "a ride waiting” and she doesn’t even put the trash cans out
So that instead of leaving The Store at 12:15 I don’t get out until 12:45

Don’t even dream of asking me to pull one of the $10 coupons from today’s paper out of my drawer to re-use for you because sister, it’s not happening. (But yes, she did. And no, I didn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment