Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hear me now and believe me later

posted Tue, 19 Sep 2006

Scene: After SH has not only oiled my attic fan but has also figured out that the reason the little pin thingy keeps falling out (and thus causing the fan to stop working) is not that the duct tape across the pin thingy is not adequate to keep it in (even though it’s pink duct tape – someone got a promotion out of that one) but that the set pin was loose. Ooops! I forgot about the set pin!

This whole process required that he crawl between the blades and balance himself precariously above the opening from my house to the attic to examine the mechanism. The fan came with the house. The house was built in 1922. I’ve never cleaned the fan. You do the math.

Me: [wiping the grease and dust off his back, shoulders and elbows – I have white towels and I don’t want him to get them dirty] There’s a nail brush in the shower if you want to get that grease out from under your fingernails.

SH: [holding out his right hand to examine his fingernails] Nah. It’s OK for a man to have dirty fingernails. As long as they’re short.

No comments:

Post a Comment