Sunday, April 11, 2010

People in hell want ice water

posted Fri, 22 Sep 2006

SH has been whining about the heat and the humidity all day. He even cut his rollerblading short, claiming that the heat was too much. He didn’t want to risk heatstroke, you know. I, of course, did my usual rigorous boot camp session – Baghdad Surprise this morning. If the troops in Fallujah can do this workout, so can we, Tony told us. He’s got to stop reading “The Marine Times.”

So, yeah. It’s soooo hot and humid. 84 degrees and 67% humidity. Please. Doesn’t SH remember Houston at all? He’s in shorts. I’m in jeans and perfectly comfortable. But he’s a guest in my house. So – even though I never, ever use air conditioning for myself –

Me: Do you want me to turn on the air conditioning?

SH: [with brave disdain] No. I’m a man. I don’t need air conditioning.

UPDATE
Note that I will be whining when it's cold (like 55) and I'm freezing. SH will be just fine and I will be very happy to have him, the human furnace, next to me. For now, he's not allowed to touch me. Too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment