Friday, April 30, 2010

Takes one to know one

posted Fri, 12 Jan 2007

I remembered this last night.

I had just checked out a customer and her 12-year-old daughter. They walked away without their purchases and I had to run after them. The mom got a little snappish with the daughter for forgetting and the daughter just giggled in response. The next customer was a grouchy old lady.

Grouchy old lady [glaring after girl]: That’s why I’m so glad I never had daughters.

Me: Why?

GOL: Because girls are born with PMS.

Me: She seemed like a sweet kid to me.

GOL: Nope. They all have PMS, all the time. They’re all impossible to deal with.

Me [shrugging]: I’m not impossible to deal with. I’m just fine – especially as long as I’m kept in chocolate.

GOL: Well, my daughters-in-law are bitches.

Me [thinking]: And I wonder why that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment