Saturday, April 17, 2010

Where babies come from....

posted Thu, 02 Nov 2006

...according to my friend’s very cute, bespectacled ten-year-old son with an impish sense of humor:

The man puts his stick in the woman’s hole for a few minutes. Then they wait a few months. She goes to the doctor to see if she’s pregnant. If she is, that’s good. If she’s not, they have to do it again, but it kind of hurts, which is why they have to kiss and stuff.

I turn and hide my smile with my napkin as he eats another bite of his cupcake.

“Why is she laughing, Mom?” he asks.

“She’s not,” my friend answers.

“And I don’t even have sex education until next year,” he says modestly.

I go to the living room, get a notepad from my purse, and make quick notes about what he has just explained.

“Is she writing down what I said?” he asks.

“No,” my friend answers. “She’s writing something else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment