Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The difference between cats and dogs, part 37

posted Mon, 09 Jul 2007

Arriving at the outskirts of Clarksdale on Friday and driving around aimlessly for 15 minutes thereafter:

Me: So where is the restaurant?

SH: I thought you knew.

Me: Why would I know?

SH: Well, you’ve been here before.

Me: Yeah, four years ago!

SH: I remember how to get around places after I’ve been to them just once.

Me: [Yeah, but I wasn’t Phi Beta Kappa, OK?]

Me: Well, what’s the address of the restaurant?

SH: I don’t know – I thought you knew! I think it’s right by the museum.

Me: Last time I was here, we had a hard time finding the museum and that was with a map. OK, what’s the restaurant called?

SH: I don’t know.

Me: But you were looking at a map! I saw it on your computer screen before we left.

SH: Yeah – on how to get to get to town, not how to get to the restaurant or the museum. I thought you knew all that stuff.

Me: Why on earth would it ever occur to you that I would remember something like that? You know I don’t remember anything!

SH: Yeah – you’re right. I’m the rememberer.

Me: So should we ask someone?

SH: No way.

No comments:

Post a Comment