Saturday, May 1, 2010

The difference between cats and dogs

posted Fri, 19 Jan 2007

At boot camp this morning. A siren sounds as we are about to do our first set of pushups.

Claire: That’s a tornado siren! We need to take cover!

Tony: The sky is perfectly clear. There’s no tornado. Now shut up and do your pushups.

Liz: It could be a bomb siren. Terrorists could be about to bomb us.

Me: If we’re about to be bombed to death, I don’t want to spend the last 15 seconds of my life doing pushups.

Tony: Well, I’m not going to spend the last 15 seconds of my life doing what you want to do with you. Push UP!

Ten seconds later, I finally get it.

Me: If I had only 15 seconds to live, the last thing I would want to do would be that with you!

Tony: You know you want it. Don’t lie.

Bonnie: Tony, you need your own employment lawyer advising you on sexual harassment.

Tony: I’ll counsel myself later.

Me: If I had only 15 seconds to live, I’d want to spend it eating dessert. Brownies, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment