posted Sat, 21 Jul 2007
1. It is neither necessary nor appropriate to answer a child’s question about the purpose of the collection during the collection.
2. It is not inappropriate for a parent to tell a child, “Hush!” during church.
3. It is not unreasonable to expect a four-year-old to make it through one hour of church without chattering.
4. It is not unreasonable to expect a seven-year-old to make it through one hour of church without a coloring book, Matchbox cars, and a ziplock bag of goldfish crackers.
5. It might be getting to the point where it’s not inappropriate for a complete stranger sitting behind misbehaving kids in church to whap them upside the head with the hymnal if The Look doesn’t silence them.
The end of the line
11 months ago