posted Sat, 21 Jul 2007
1. It is neither necessary nor appropriate to answer a child’s question about the purpose of the collection during the collection.
2. It is not inappropriate for a parent to tell a child, “Hush!” during church.
3. It is not unreasonable to expect a four-year-old to make it through one hour of church without chattering.
4. It is not unreasonable to expect a seven-year-old to make it through one hour of church without a coloring book, Matchbox cars, and a ziplock bag of goldfish crackers.
5. It might be getting to the point where it’s not inappropriate for a complete stranger sitting behind misbehaving kids in church to whap them upside the head with the hymnal if The Look doesn’t silence them.
The end of the line
1 year ago