Thursday, May 6, 2010

The plot

posted Wed, 28 Feb 2007

Summary of the latest trash novel I read:

Female lead: I am very stressed out because my mother just died and I found out she mortgaged my business to pay her medical bills and I have only one month to repay $300,000. To make matters worse, I was almost killed when a bomb went off next to me two days ago. And my best friend just had a biopsy. I think I will have a one-night stand with her handsome brother, an alpha male detective in the Boston police department.

Male lead (the brother): OK. I will sleep with you.

FL: Oh no. I had a one-night stand. I never do that sort of thing. This will never happen again, ML. It was a one-time thing. It was a fling, understand?

ML: [cool!] OK.

Best friend: Brother, you have to figure out who is trying to kill Female Lead. You must protect her.

ML: OK.

FL: I can take care of myself, thank you very much.

ML: Oh no you can’t.

FL: You are sleeping in the guest room.

ML: OK.

FL: [Doesn’t he want me?]

Lots of stuff happens and the crime gets solved. They sleep together again many times.

FL: [Oh no. I have fallen in love with ML. I guess I have always loved him. But I must not say anything. My secret must stay with me until the day I die.]

ML: [Oh no. I have fallen in love with FL. I have always loved her. But I must not say anything. My secret must stay with me until the day I die.]

ML: I love you. Marry me.

FL: I love you too. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment