Sunday, August 8, 2010

If I should die before I wake

posted 01/09/08

The other thing I have been doing is working on my will. What should I give to my brother and sister? What has the best (or least bad) tax implications? How dare the government tax the money I would want to give to my family or anyone else?

I already showed Serious Honey these instructions:

I do not want to be embalmed unless it is required by law. I want the cheapest casket available, even if it is a corrugated box. Ask the mortician if there is something cheaper in the back or get one from Costco. Do not waste money on burial accoutrements! Save it for the funeral party.

I will leave it up to him and my survivors to plan the party. I would like some token “how will we go on?” moaning, but after that, I want everyone to have a good time at my funeral lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment