Monday, August 23, 2010

Maybe a diamond-studded trash can?

posted 02/10/08

“This is the one you want, but it’s too expensive,” SH mused as he looked through the Sunday Target ad.

“What is?”

He showed me a steel trash can.

“It’s almost $100. That’s too much for a trash can.”

“No it’s not,” I argued.

“It’s a trash can!” he said.

“It’s something you see and use every day. It’s worth the money.”

“It’s a trash can.”

“How much do you pay for a Guinness?”

“Four dollars.”

“So that trash can is like 23 Guinnesses.”

“Yeah, but you actually get enjoyment from a beer. This is a trash can!”


Related conversation:

Me: Does it bother you that I don’t want a $28,000 wedding?

SH: Nope.

Me: Does it bother you that I don’t want a fluffy white muffin dress?

SH: Nope.

Me: Does it bother you that I don’t want a big diamond engagement ring?

SH: A little.

No comments:

Post a Comment