Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home improvement

posted 07/22/08

Did you know it is possible to get paint* in your hair even if you are just painting the baseboards?

Do you know how hard it is to get oil-based paint out of your hair?

* The guy who renovated our house and gave us things like very tall cabinets without shelves and ugly basement and uglier upstairs carpet over hardwood floors (it should be illegal to carpet hardwood floors) was good enough to leave -- and label** -- all the paint he used. But why did he feel compelled to use oil-based paint instead of latex for the basement stairwell baseboards? This is what I want to know.

** I didn't label my paint in Memphis because I was absolutely positive I would remember where I had used it.

I didn't.

I also did not label leftovers in the freezer until SH bought me a Brother P-touch labeler that I love, although now I don't have the excitement of finding that quart of Cuban Pork and Okra Stew that I was sure I would remember (I didn't), the pint of gumbo I also knew I'd remember (also didn't) or the half-dozen Molten Chocolate Cakes. Not that chocolate needs a label. But the element of surprise is gone from our freezer meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment